Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I found a support group that meets at a hospital once a month in Vacaville for fibromyalgia sufferers. The woman I spoke with on the phone yesterday is 70 and she said a group of about 10 ladies meets to share their stories. Most of them are believers, which is amazing and exactly what I've been praying for. Thank you Jesus for hooking it up :)

I went to see my primary doctor yesterday (she is actually a nurse) and updated her on everything that has been going on since May. That was the last time I saw her. I asked for more current labs and she said last time she "labbed me all up" and wouldn't do all of them again. One thing she failed to tell me from the last labs is that my glucose level was high and since diabetes runs on both sides of my family and both of my parents have it- that is definitely something to pay attention to.
She agreed to run tests for hormones, blood sugar, and rheumatoid arthritis again.

I told her that I have been treating the fibro on my own since no one will treat me, and also told her about the support group. She asked if I would like to speak with the behaviorist I saw for the psych evaluation a couple of months ago. I said yes. I would like to talk to someone about what I am going through. It's hard and wacky, and I can use the perspective.

I got a referral to a gynocologist for the bleeding. The thing is that the appointment is not until January. That's two months away! Good thing I can go elsewhere next week and get an exam. Since I had Cancer growth in 2005 I don't like to mess around with that stuff.

The other night Mylie and Aaron were combing my hair. Suddenly Mylie cupped my face and said, "I've never seen you before." Than she said she was the spirit of God. It was surreal. I felt like Jesus was speaking to me through her. The way her eyes stared so deeply. Sometimes it seems like she is a little adult. She says words like "toiletries" and "actually"... she even copies me and says "well this is not pleasing." She's just simply amazing and smart!