I have learned something this week. A person can say or do anything but if they are not sincere it will eventually come out. "A Zebra Can't Change its Stripes." I believe people can grow and change. I believe we all should be continually seeking to change and become more like Jesus. Bringing out our best self, our full potential but if one is unwilling to even self examine and take that step of realizing what needs to be changed, if one is content to play the victim in the soap opera they've created, then they are obviously not seeking to be transformed. How sad. :( This is my heart right now:
1 Why do you boast of evil, you mighty hero?
Why do you boast all day long,
you who are a disgrace in the eyes of God?
2 You who practice deceit,
your tongue plots destruction;
it is like a sharpened razor.
3 You love evil rather than good,
falsehood rather than speaking the truth.[c]
4 You love every harmful word,
you deceitful tongue!
5 Surely God will bring you down to everlasting ruin:
He will snatch you up and pluck you from your tent;
he will uproot you from the land of the living.
6 The righteous will see and fear;
they will laugh at you, saying,
7 “Here now is the man
who did not make God his stronghold
but trusted in his great wealth
and grew strong by destroying others!”
8 But I am like an olive tree
flourishing in the house of God;
I trust in God’s unfailing love
for ever and ever.
9 For what you have done I will always praise you
in the presence of your faithful people.
And I will hope in your name,
for your name is good.
********************************************************************************
Ah, what sweet sweet words to my ears.
God is faithful and just.
I have much to be grateful for. Thank you to you prayer warriors who interceded for months for Mylie. Thank you Jesus for lovely friends and committed family members who are there for me even on my worst days. Thank you Lord for redemption, and for loving me despite the messy situations I get myself into. Thank you library for providing free books and dvds to indulge in. Thank you facebook for that handy delete button. Thank you that I don't really like having a cell phone and therefore am not caught up in the iphone/ipad madness. At the theater last night all around were people closing themselves off from ACTUAL people in the flesh so they could tune in to their own gadgets. What a disgrace. I really feel very strongly about how technology is abused. I miss the good old days of land lines and phone books. However I do enjoy the benefits of connecting with others who are going through health issues. :)
I'll play catch up later. I'm exhausted after the midnight showing of Harry Potter. It wasn't as horrid as an experience as I thought. I took a xanax when we left town, another midway as we sat in the crazy line and then a pain pill before the actual movie. I had some anxiety when everyone got up to go in. Started sweating and had palpitations. I got the referral for the cardiologist, called today, and have that appointment on the 1st of August. Averaging 2 appointments per week for the next few weeks.