Fibromyalgia sucks buckets.
We drove through Oklahoma yesterday and ended up at a motel in Arkansas that looked like something straight out of a horror movie. We were the only guests and it was in this dark, isolated area. It was quaint though.
Today we drove through Arkansas, stopped in Memphis and took photos from afar of Graceland. We didn't want to pay a lot to do the tour but since the mansion was on the way we stopped and I bought postcards.
Ended up here in Dickson, TN.
Tomorrow we'll hit the NC border and see if we'll stop another night or push through to my new home.
Mylie started kindergarten in CA today, as did my niece and nephews in TX. It's amazing that Shawn is already in middle school and the twins started pre-kindergarten, and Devin is just gaining speed as he grows by the day! It was such a joy to stop over in TX and spend time with my family. I can't help but wish they still lived in NC so we could all be together. This was the first major event in Mylie's life that I wasn't there for, but we sent her a video via cell phone and made sure to call her. It makes my heart so happy to hear her happy. :) I know she's shy and that she clung to her teacher the first day, just like what happened with preschool. It takes her awhile to warm up but once she does she enjoys whatever is before her. I'm so proud of that kid. ;)
My niece, who is almost 4, was showing me how she could whistle the whole time we were visiting and she kept asking me not to leave. She told me I need two babies- her and Mylie. How adorable! It was so sweet. I loved getting to love on them since I only see them once or twice a year. Nathan and Devin kept asking us to stay also. The 3 of them piled onto the uhaul trailer and asked to come to NC with us. Shawn is maturing so much and it was nice to hang out with him and he gave me this wonderful artwork he made when he was about 7 or 8 years old. I LOVE kids art or unknown artists' art. Score! It was also swell to hang out with my my brother and see where he works on base. My sister in law blessed us with goodies from her assortment of products. She also made THE best iced coffee I've ever had. Seriously.
We visited their home church which was exactly what I needed. I miss church. It reminded me of Parkway. I love the freedom of worshiping Jesus wherever I go.. alone or with others. I love the simplicity of which He draws us unto Himself, and I love how He spoke straight to my heart through one of my very favorite books in the Bible (Job) about enduring the difficult times. I will never tire of learning that message. I pray I will learn it over and over and over throughout the duration of my life. I pray I would always be brought back to a level of humility whenever my head or attitude may get too big for my own good.
The more miles we covered while driving the more my heart began to heal. It's not there yet. Leaving Mylie behind after 5 years of being with her basically everyday is the hardest thing I have ever done, but she sounds happy again after her bout of being mad and sad with and towards me. Having my sweet little niece, Natalie shower me with warm hugs and kisses for 2 days also helped to nurse my broken heart. I know I am drawn towards children. I always have been. That is my heart. That is what God has called me to do, and ever since I was a child He has provided ample opportunity to be involved with the young ones. I love Him for that!
My ear infection is still nagging at me. It's been about 2 months now and even with 3 rounds of eardrops I still feel horrid. It hurts worse now if you can believe it. The fibro has been kind to me, but after TX it slammed me and now I am in a flare. Thankfully we are just one state away from "home" and I have plenty of meds to get me there. I've started to put stuff on hold at the library in NC (thanks to my precious mother who has always supported my reading addiction and has already gotten a library card there) and my bedroom has been cleaned out and rearranged by my dad who works so hard to do everything he can for his kids. I have a great family and I am incredulous at how blessed I am.
I am currently reading: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare and I love it. Eager to watch The Help and One Day in the theatre. Finished Everlasting and I enjoy how they wrapped everything all up since that was the last book in The Immortals series.
And that's it for now.
Goodnight. :)
P.S. Motel 6 is predictable, affordable, and homey while driving cross country. Each one has a different flavor(oddly shaped showers, hardwood floors, snazzy and silky comforters, a mini fridge tonight, etc. It's fun!)
I am looking forward to going to Wilmington a lot. I love it there so much! Not just because Dawson's Creek was filmed there, but I delight in the small town and the vintage clothing shop, and the used bookstore... the coffee shop by the waterfront.... sigh... my favorite place and I have no idea why. No one else seems to think it's that spectacular. It seems simple and I like that.... I like that very much.