Friday, November 4, 2011

November Already?

Time sure goes by fast. We always muse on that, but do we really get it?

TIME SURE GOES BY FAST.

It was just last Christmas. I remember the back to back infections I went through this time last year. It seemed like it would never ever stop. One issue after another, getting injections every week or two that were supposed to help, but what only made a bad situation worse.


There was so much stumbling around in the dark. So many tears, so much agony over a defeated body and a broken spirit. I was very sad. I was unsure of everything and I only knew pain and fatigue. That was it. It clouded my vision and left a substantial amount of damage to my soul.

Now I still know pain and fatigue. I still know anger and grief and heartache and frustration, but now I also feel the flip side of all of those things. I have more good days then bad most of the time, I have conserved, precious energy that I get to dispense each day, I have relief from constant, recycled stress. I know Jesus and I am in the best love relationship with Him, I have amazing people in my life. I have words, and colors, and sounds. I have rain splashing on the windshield as I drive to get a salted caramel hot chocolate. I have a heart for worship and a song bursting forth as I muse on the favor of Abba in this life.

I am a child of the high King and I am so grateful for that.

My life has changed dramatically from a couple of years ago. My life has changed dramatically from a year ago. But my life IS changed. My life IS changing.
It never stays the same. Instead, it continues on... growing, enduring, opening, sustaining.



Life is good, even when it doesn't feel all that great. ;)