Chronic fatigue is bitter and ugly. It is a thief, sucking out the weak energy in the reservoir.
And yet...
I am so thankful. So, so thankful. A year ago I could not do basic things aside from a shower on days of pain and fatigue such as this. But today I fixed the bed, did laundry, made extremely limited small talk, juiced, washed the dishes, plus the other everyday things. And this was after talking on the phone for over an hour last night (this is still VERY exhausting and difficult to do)! It seems so trite, but these little things show progress, and gives me hope that one day I might be able to resume other things, like getting a job maybe. It's a long shot, but I feel hopeful that I can keep eliminating stressors, and figuring out how to manage my version of this illness.
That's been a major factor: deciding to limit or eradicate one-sided relationships & toxic influences. It's been a struggle my whole life, and learning to let go of that feeling of responsibility for everyone else's emotional crisis' has been so valuable.
Today, I am thankful for clean water. I am thankful for this bed to lay my tired body in. I am thankful for life. Abundant, beautiful life. I am thankful for family and friends, and an endless amount of grace from my Savior. I am thankful for words and for the amazing privilege of being alive one more day.