Monday, October 18, 2010

Dreams

This is what the LORD says:
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
But you said, 'We will not walk in it."
Jeremiah 6:16


Spouting off before listening to the facts is both shameful and foolish.
Proverbs 18:13


The tongue has the power of life and death,
and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Proverbs 18:21

*************************************************************************************

Last night I couldn't sleep again. My arms and hands have started to get numb and fall asleep, but my body will not relax. I sleep in 2 or 3 hour increments, which in turn make the fibro fog and pain worse. It's a vicious cycle. My roommate went to the ER last night and found out they have to get their gall bladder removed. Please pray for that- healing and an ease of pain. So because they are unwell they are home today, and I have a moment that is kid free and decided to update my blog now.

I failed to mention that a HUGE part of fibro is that I cannot remember a lot of information. One night I forgot what the name of the Holocaust was. I forget what we spoke about 5 minutes ago. I can be telling a story, and I forget what I am saying mid-sentence. It's completely infuriating! Sometimes I just don't say anything anymore because the likelihood that I can finish the tale is slim.

Quick side bar: my dear friend just texted me that she has chronic fatigue syndrome. I wish she didn't have it (it's basically fibro but without the pain portion, but the exhaustion alone will be horrendous)but I must confess it feels good to not feel like I am the only one in my sphere of friends and family going through this. I declare healing over her in the name of Jesus! I can totally see how she would have it. 1.It runs in her family (same as me) and 2. she is such a type A (like me!) and always says yes and is on the go. Poor love.

Where was I? Oh yes- so I cannot remember names, events, conversations. When I say that there is sensory overload, I mean OVERLOAD. The sounds of a dryer, people whispering, bags crinkling, etc. all feel like they are right in my brain. It's in surround sound. The sounds and light outside create a response that is much like panic. I cannot slow it down. I feel a twitch in my chest, a shortness in attitude, and I snap. It's like all of my senses are short circuiting and I am spazzing out.

Anyway, I wanted to write about my dream during my 3 hours of sleep last night. I already forgot most of it, but there was an airport. It was strange. It started as a park. There were benches, and I was sitting with my parents. I grabbed my purse, and we went to the airport. I felt pressure during the entire dream. The "airport" had sections. The park area was one, and than we went into what seemed like a Mega church. I saw Jeremy, Josh Dobson, and Ferial. At this point I realized I had someone else's purse. Someone had stolen mine and I needed MY purse, with MY ID to get on the plane. Mylie and Aaron were ahead of me. He was carrying her. It was all very fast and I felt like I was getting left behind. There was a certain aura of importance about the whole purse/ID business. Perhaps because in real life I feel like I have no idea who I am anymore? It's a possibility.

That's all for now. Wisdom teeth extraction update: I still have two holes. I wonder how long it will take for them to close.