Tuesday, May 10, 2011

One thing that I forgot to add to my last post is that sugar is absolutely, positively horrible for fibromyalgia. I have cheated on my diet a few times and let me tell you there is a price tag with whatever the indulgence is. The doctor was strict, strict, strict about this. I am finding it somewhat difficult as far as variety while eating gluten free.

The more I learn about what I am actually going through, and all of the separate compromises in my body because of a continual, long term viral illness and the defunct nervous and immune system- the more I realize that people DO need to be informed about this disease. It is very life-changing and persistent. One step forward, 7 huge steps back, 3 steps forward, 2 back, you get the idea.... There is no "vacation" from being sick. I see people post on facebook or have some in my life who are woeful over a few day with a cold cold or flu. The fleshy part of me wants to scream at the sheer ignorance of what being sick actually means and the other part smiles sweetly and tries to help make them feel better. It's a battle to deal with disease, especially when it's invisible. People see us fibro fighters laughing or having a swell day and suddenly we are misjudged or mistreated, or worse yet we aren't believed in the first place.

I am thankful for a Jesus who is with me through every pain. Honestly without the consistency of His presence and His love for me I might have given up months and months ago. I may have given in to disease and the lies the enemy is setting out on my path.

I encourage anyone who has fibromyalgia to please try to go to a clinic specializing in fibro or at least find a doctor who will test you in depth. This is not just one disease, we carriers usually have several illnesses/infections at once. Without getting to the root cause we are simply masking all of the other issues and leaving our immune systems out to fail and keeping us sick. It is costly but I have no income and God is providing the way to get treatment. It's worth it. If you had Cancer wouldn't you do anything to get better? Our bodies are not okay, we are sick. We have a compromised immune system and our nervous system is haywire. Aren't we worth the price it pays to be taken seriously and treated well?