Monday, December 12, 2011

Surprise

Last night:

Watched 12 Dates of Christmas on TV.


Today:

I finished The Host (great read!)

Watched most of The Heart of Christmas (the rest will be finished later)

Started reading Snow Day by Billy Coffey

Ate a "Hamburger Helper" meal made from scratch by my mom

Texted with my cousin

Downloaded A Very Brady Christmas to be put on a dvd

And now I am going to watch Altitude with Aaron. My pain is rampant today. My whole entire back is ablaze with a flare. A bit nauseated as well. Still, that is supremely well after this last week. I feel great about that. Oh, and I started eating fruits again. The doctor had told me to stay away from ALL sugar, even fruit (for at least 4 months) but since I haven't been doing so grand on the no sugar aspect of things (it's up and down) I figured I might as well bring back the fruits. ;) I've actually decided to just go back to limiting snacks and watching my portions, like I used to do in Georgia. At that time I walked 4-5 miles everyday and was on the no carbs craze like everyone else. I didn't deprieve myself of chocolate when I wanted, but I limited it to one small cup of hot chocolate from the vending machine each afternoon at work, or a random crescent roll or things like that. I stopped drinking soda completely (I still don't like it except in rare moments when only a sip of it will quench a thirst) and I cut out unnecessary splurges like fries with a meal. It worked for me. I lost 15 lbs. in less then a month, and I was able to sustain that lifestyle for a couple of years before I started messing up. However, since I am getting older and have all of these health issues, I think it would be most beneficial to go back to these basic principles. I know there are some factors working against me (not being able to walk all of the time due to Fibro and osteoarthritis/tendonitis in one ankle), thyroid issues (I am on meds but the dosage is all funky right now until I get a doctor here) and candida is battling to stay strong.... but I know I can do this.

People have told me I am strong. They have spoken that into my life and I haven't always seen it, but today I thought about it and I realized just how very good God has been to me. I know I have said that over and over throughout the duration of this blog, but it is something I never tire of discovering. His goodness has not just been once, or twice, or even seven times. His goodness has been infinite. For every tear, for every trial on this journey, He has equipped me. He has been my strength. He prepared the way to NC and seasoned all parties involved so that although hurts would occur, we all made it through in one piece. I have struggled more then I ever have in my life with these last 2 years.... not just my health. I lost my health, my job, my car, my home, "my" kids, and He still blessed me in abundance. Wow.


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9



And I've not been giving my body enough credit. Yes, it is tired all of the time. Yes, it is weary and an easy target for anxiety or anger or depression. Yes, it is in pain more often then it is not. Yes, it frustrates me. But this body... MY body.... it IS strong. It has fought back. It has stood up when it has wanted to sit down. It has held little children. It has moved across the united states WHILE having Fibromyalgia. It has kept me going, churning through the days and allowing me to sit here today typing this.

We have so much resilience inside of us. We have so much LIFE.

Thank you, sweet precious Jesus.

One more day...

and somehow that is enough.