Monday, January 30, 2012

Candles

I went to put a candle out in my room.

To do so I grabbed another candle and held it upside down on top of the lit candle like I saw Aaron do the other night.

It went out pretty fast.

Light.

Flick.

Dark.

It made me think about people.

How we have dreams and ideas and our imaginations are open so wide as children

the light shines

and then we start having experiences and people who speak hurtful things into our lives

disappointments.

So we start dimming.

So slow we aren't even aware of it until we realize how scary and terrifying it

is to be in the dark.

To be dark.

I love God's daily life lessons in the normal.

Like using one candle to burn out another and realizing how easy it is to

dim when someone wants to put us out

and how so easily we cause others to dim around us without even knowing it.

Wow.

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.
Matthew 5:12


Let's shine brighter.

P.S. walking into a room lit only by candles with the smells serenading throughout the room is one of my favorite things. EVER.