If Fibromyalgia wasn't invisible you would see...
Hot electric currents of pain running throughout my body. Meeting, blending, touching like red hot cords strung like ropes, criss crossing at the small of my back, the shoulder blades, the legs, everywhere. You would see how the elbows stab when I prop my head in my hands while attempting to lean on a table, the way the bone seems to grind into the soft flesh of the leg. You would see the fire that spreads and stops and spreads again. Arches of feet and inner thighs aching and stabbing and pulling.
If Fibromyalgia wasn't invisible you would see the fatigue stretch heavy over limbs, coating the eyes and causing the world to blur and shift together. You would see that cloud planted in my brain, covering, pulling like a cloak until I cannot think straight.
You would see the exhaustion seep slowly over each muscle, each ligament. Instead of me saying I am so tired, you would be able to watch as my body is taken over and all I can do is lay here with no energy to even go to the bathroom.
If Fibromyalgia wasn't invisible you would stop judging me. You would stop comparing your ailment with mine. You would stop expecting so much. You would see exactly how much it hurts and takes away from me and you would watch me smile and fold the laundry and walk through the house with that pulsing, alive sickness always thrumming inside of me.
You would stop doubting me. You would realize that I don't want this and you would see how very hard I push against it and how it's not something you can just pretend is not real. You would witness my defeat as I learn that again and again.
If Fibromyalgia wan't invisible you would see the reality of it. It would stop being some weird thing you heard about and become real. You would see that the Lyrica commercials are not accurate and you would stop trying to fix me.
If Fibromyalgia wan't invisible....