Wednesday, November 24, 2010

James 1:2-4
Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

Today I had a follow-up with the dermatologist. Last week I went in and he had given me a prescription for silver sulfadiazine cream for what we thought were boils. However when I went in today I was told that my lab culture came back with "Moderate Growth Of Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)." In other words- a Staph infection on my right leg. They said one can pick it up anywhere, but they took a nose culture to see if I am a carrier. I was given doxycycline hyclate to take for one month 2x a day, continued prescription of the silver sulfadiazine cream 2x a day IN my nose and on the bumps, and also triamcinolone for mild Psoriasis on my knees (to be used M-F, skipping the weekends, 2x a day for about a month).

Yeah.

I also went to CVS to take my blood pressure and it was 125/87. Not as bad as yesterday, but still in pre-hypertension mode. I made an appointment with my primary for December. I want to talk to her about the new dermal ailments as well as the labs I took there at the clinic 2 weeks ago. I never heard back- which is definitely NOT surprising.

It's a good thing I did not go to Texas for Thanksgiving. No way I would have been able to handle all the chaos of driving back and forth, as well as these new dermal sensitivities. I do miss my family though. My niece was born today (here in California). She's actually my cousin's daughter, but we Filipinos consider it niece or nephew when our friends or cousins have children. Our culture is pretty awesome like that. ;)

I'm feeling okay today emotionally, but I must admit it IS daunting to have 2 more ailments. I'm tired (that's not even a semi-accurate word to convey the way I feel) of continuous medical "surprises." I'm ready to settle down. If it were "just" the Fibro it might become manageable, but it seems like every 5 seconds there is another issue that arises.

Oh Abba, all I can do is give it to you. You alone know my defeat, my anxiety, my frustration. Many people have given advice, but YOU alone know the turn out of all of this. I trust you. I ask that you intervene and give me a peace despite anything that comes my way. You have been so faithful, my Jesus. Thank you for your presence.
Love,
Your Girl