Sunday, December 25, 2011

The best things about this Christmas:

-being with family
-photos of Mylie and my niece and nephews
-handmade cards and artwork by the kiddies
-Christmas eve communion service at church
-Hello Kitty water dispenser
-one of my bestest friends coming to town unexpectedly!
-Paris decor suitcases
-skype and technology
-a surprise gift from a dear friend with a beanie, 3 homemade jars of jam, and a vanilla candle and earplugs galore! :)
-thoughtful cards and gifts
-my pink piggie mini pillow pet from Bunny <3
-food in my belly and a place to rest my head at night
-medication and access to medical attention when needed
-LOVE
-amazing family and friends
-photos!
-the gift of breath this morning and the promise of a new year

-the power of praying and being blessed to be asked to pray for people who are in my sphere (ANY TIME YOU NEED IT I WILL BE THERE FOR YOU!) even if I don't know them very well.

-a good margarita ;)
-a new snuggie!
-my delicious electric blanket

And so much more. God is so good to me.

I was thinking earlier about the birth of Jesus. Forget about the presents and the hoopla of Santa and gifts....

Our SAVIOR was born on Christmas. If Mary would not have been obedient, if she hadn't endured the scorn and disbelief at the Holy, immaculate conception birth.... if Joseph would not have listened to the angel of the Lord and married her....

would Jesus have been born?

So I am thankful, on this Christmas day, for Joseph and Mary for being open to the voice of the very same God we are in love with today. I pray my heart will be open like that all of the time. Not just when it is convenient for me.

Dear Jesus,

Happy Birthday! Thank you for your birth, your life, and your death on the cross for all of us. I am so in awe everyday that you chose me to love you. Thank you that although this year has been so hard, you have been more then faithful in all circumstances. You triumph sickness, depression, hardship, poverty, anger, and a host of other things all over this fallen world. I love you so much and I pray you would fill me new everyday. Pour into me so that I might pour always into others. You are my everything and I trust you.

Love,
Your Girl