Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas

Merry Christmas!

Life is continually chaotic for those of us with illness and chronic conditions and the holidays tend to take on the same manic pace as it does for "normals." The difference (for me at least) is that it isn't the shopping that did me in, it's the daily whatevers (which already takes quite the effort) combined with the weather changes and the constant music and extra pressure to socialize and be upbeat for Christmas.

Every year I tell myself that I am going to watch numerous Christmas movies and listen to Christmas jams, and I usually don't. In the past I was far too busy working 50+ week and super involved in church activities and things going on with "my" kids. This year I actually did watch some movies and listen to the tunes and you know what? It actually does help fuel the holiday spirit.

My favorite holiday movies are A Very Brady Christmas, A Mom For Christmas, and A Charlie Brown Christmas. This year I watched a delightful movie called 12 Dates of Christmas ( How neat to learn that my friend's friend actually wrote it!) which I loved! Anything with going back in time has me enraptured. There is nothing to expand on here, I just thought it would be fun to mention. ;)

I always get into a deep reflective state at this time of the year. It's almost time to bid farewell to 2011. I say this every single year, but I swear this year really does feel like it blasted through. It was so full of strife, and darkness, and pain. It was a battle to get through, yet here I sit, once again amazed at how very faithful my God is. I'm still musing on everything that happened and even though it did not feel good at all during the time, this year HAS been very full of blessings. So many I can't even count. I'll write more when my thoughts are gathered.

I am in a tornado of a flare, which hit about 3 days ago. This time it is nausea, dizziness, ear aches again, and severe fatigue. Hoping that it goes away so I can make it to church tomorrow evening. Fingers crossed!

So for now I wish you each a very merry Christmas.

Be blessed!